Sunday, December 16, 2012

Beginning Reader Book Review: Minnie and Moo The Night Before Christmas

Minnie and Moo: The Night Before Christmas

Minnie and Moo The Night Before Christmas
Written and illustrated by:  Denys Cazet
Published by: Scholastic Inc., 2002

* I Can Read Books are recognized as one of the first beginning reader series and Minnie and Moo are characters in several different books.  Although my daughter's read some of the Minnie and Moo books this was the first book that my son and I read together.  This book is broken up into eight small chapters.  However, as for beginning reader books this one is on the more difficult side.  It's not numbered to let you know the level of beginning reader difficulty.  So we ended up taking turns reading pages.  In case you didn't know, Minnie and Moo are cows.  In this story they dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus to deliver the toys to the farmer's grandchildren.  Every  year he forgets where he's hidden the toys and Moo feels bad for the kids.  So Moo wants to change that this year.  They don't have a sled so a wheelbarrow will have to do.  And instead of reindeer they have eight chickens.  And then there's rooster who definitely adds humor to the book.  Of course there's some mishaps on their journey to deliver the toys but in the end it all works out. 

My son didn't enjoy the book but couldn't explain to me what about it he didn't like.  I enjoyed this book though and found it humorous.

I purchased this book.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment