Friday, December 7, 2012

Picture Book Review: Santa Claus The World's Number One Toy Expert

Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert

Santa Claus The World's Number One Toy Expert
Written and illustrated by:  Marla Frazee
Published by: Harcourt, Inc., 2005

* I think almost everyone would agree that Santa Claus has to be close to, if not, the world's number one toy expert.  If you're not sure, this book will explain all of the reasons why he's number one.  He meets lots of kids, takes lots of notes, and works very long hours making sure that every child gets the exact right toy. 

The illustrations are colorful and detailed.  My daughter was impressed with Santa's collection of wrapping paper!  Only after going back and re-reading the book with my son did I notice the change of design on Santa's boxer shorts throughout the year. 

I like that in this story the emphasis is on Santa finding the right toy for each child.....not toys.  In our house Santa brings the one present that our children really, really want.  We don't want to be greedy and Santa has a lot of kids he needs to bring toys to.  This makes them spend hours poring through the toy catalogs and really putting thought into what they want.  Of course, this year my daughter has asked Santa for a kitten.  I told her I wasn't sure if Santa brought pets.  But she told me that she read a book where Santa brought a puppy to a child.  I guess we're finally getting a pet!

This book was borrowed from the library.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment